french

Monday, September 13, 2010

Returning to the beginning

30 Years ago, 9 months after our wedding,  my husband and I moved to Asheville, NC from our hometown in Ohio.  With the birth of our first two children we longed for family so after 10 years in the mountains we headed back to Ohio.  It has always been a dream that at some point we would return to NC.  Well our dream is coming true...this time we are heading to the eastern coastal plains region and the small town of Rocky Mount.  I have learned with age, every dream that comes true, usually requires a leap of faith to follow the open door.  I am so excited about the possibilites for my husband - his association with a wonderful college, for me - beautiful setting, warmer temps, bluer skies, new friendships.  My leap of faith will be that my new home will continue to be a haven of love and security so much so that it reaches across the miles to all my children.  Praying that they will call it "home" and that they will return to be nurtured as often possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Would love to have the opportunity to get to know you better. If I haven't visited your site yet I will!

Ruthann